Thursday, January 26, 2012

Concentration piece 9

My painting is of a beach that I traveled to France this summer. I got this photo offline, but I changed it. The medium I used to create this work is oil paint. For the first time, I used a palette knife to to distribute the paint on the canvas. This painting is impressionistic. The cabanas are bold, geometric shapes, making the painting more interesting. I used low intensity colors in the sky and sand. I used high intensity colors in the cabanas, making them stand out and being the most important part of the painting to viewers. Because this picture was taken during the middle of the day, the cabanas and umbrellas are casting shadows. There is contrast between the low intensity colors in the background and the high intensity colors of the cabanas in the foreground. 

No comments:

Post a Comment